Our Museum Quilt

Our Museum Quilt

Monday, February 1, 2010

planning first border



Going with the AT theme, I am thinking delectible mountains for a border. First, I pulled fabrics from my closet and arranged them light to dark. Then I had to play with the sizes. Arrggh. It only took a couple of tries to get it close. I made a scrap one and now i have to make the real ones and then add them together before i know if it works. I can always add or subtract plain borders to get it the workable size.
So, how are you all doing with your centers? Let me know if you would like to see my book on the mariner's compass.

4 comments:

  1. Jane, did you want this site so members cannot "Post" but can only "Comment"? Just wondering.

    I have decided on a center (I think) and am going to start the planning this morning. There are lots of free paper pieced stars and mariner's compasses on the internet. Mani

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what mani, I think i need to get with you and talk about the blog, facebook, and web site and see what would be the best for us. I didn't know i could make it so anybody could post. i guess it would be good for the ones who aren't on facebook to be able to post here. I know we all like to see each other's pictures of our projects. I'm having a big party at my house this saturday so give me until next week and you can help me think about all this. Oh and the AT theme is for the appalachian trail. You gotta keep me doing the right thing here--thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, your blocks are beauty-full!!

    ReplyDelete